Press Release – February 19, 2013
Seattle Meeting Hotels
ADVENTURES AND EXCURSIONS ABOUND AT CEDARBROOK LODGE
Award-winning Seattle lodging and dining destination announces new sports and entertainment packages
SEATTLE – (February 19, 2013) - Thrill-seeking sports lovers can enjoy a lineup of new adventure packages from Seattle’s award-winning Cedarbrook Lodge. The quintessentially Northwest destination has more than 20 overnight packages and special offers, including five that are sports and entertainment-themed.
“Whether it’s golf, field or water sports, our adventure packages offer something fun for guests who want to enjoy both Cedarbrook and the local sports scene,” said Scott Ostrander, general manager at Cedarbrook Lodge. “After a day of recreation, guests can retreat to Cedarbrook and enjoy a relaxing and memorable evening.”
Cedarbrook Lodge is offering the following sports-themed packages:
- Gone Fishin’ - Guests can experience a popular Pacific Northwest sport with this fly-fishing package. The package includes overnight accommodations with valet parking, a $100 dining credit to Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar and a half-day fly fishing tour. This package starts from $529 based on double occupancy and is valid through April 27, 2013.
- U.S. Open Golf Experience - For golfers, this package provides the opportunity to play at Chambers Bay, the site for the 2015 U.S. Open Championship. Guests can enjoy overnight accommodations, valet parking, two Cedarbrook golf umbrellas, unlimited access to the Chambers Bay driving range and a round of 18 holes with cart for two. This package starts from $319 based on double occupancy and is valid through May 31, 2013.
- Yakety Yak, Let’s Kayak! - Seattle’s historic Elliott Bay is ideal for a scenic urban kayaking adventure. This package includes a half-day kayaking excursion including transportation to and from Cedarbrook Lodge, overnight accommodations with valet parking, a customized welcome amenity and a $100 dining credit to Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar. This package starts from $409 based on double occupancy and is valid through June 30, 2013.
- Play On, Sounders! - Seattle Sounders FC fans that have tickets to a match at CenturyLink Field can enjoy this package that includes two Sounders barber pole rally scarves, as well as transportation to and from Cedarbrook and the SeaTac Link light rail station and overnight accommodations with valet parking. This package does not include match tickets. Rates start from $179 based on double occupancy and the package is valid through Oct. 31, 2013.
- Drop Me Off at the Ball Game (Mariners, That Is!) - For guests rooting for the home team, Cedarbrook has a grand slam baseball package. This package includes transportation to and from Cedarbrook and the SeaTac Link light rail station, two $25 Mariners cards valid for concessions and merchandise at Safeco Field, as well as overnight accommodations with valet parking. This package does not include game tickets. Rates start from $199 based on double occupancy and the package is valid through Sept. 30, 2013.
Additional packages and special offers can be found Cedarbrook’s website. All packages and discounts include Cedarbrook’s signature complimentary amenities such as hotel-wide Wi-Fi access, 24-hour access to the Fitness Center and snacks in the Living Room, a Northwest continental breakfast and shuttle transportation to and from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, SoundTransit Central Link light rail and Amtrak Tukwila stations.
Cedarbrook Lodge is situated on 18 acres of restored wetlands and features 104 guestrooms and suites. Cedarbrook offers sustainably focused hotel operations, guest services and amenities including electric vehicle charging stations, onsite compositing and Green Seal certified cleaning products. Cedarbrook is rated the No. 1 Top-Flight Airport Hotel by TripAdvisor®. It was previously ranked the No. 1 hotel in the World on the Expedia® 2011 Insiders’ SelectTM List and the No. 1 hotel in the U.S. in the TripAdvisor® 2011 Travelers’ Choice® Awards. Additionally in 2011, Gayotnamed Cedarbrook’s farm-to-table dining establishment, Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar, a Top 10 New Restaurant in the U.S. and Seattle Magazine readers named it the Best Restaurant to open in 2010.
For more information about Cedarbrook Lodge, including details about its spring packages, http://www.CedarbrookLodge.com or call 877-515-2176.
About Cedarbrook Lodge
Cedarbrook Lodge, rated the No. 1 Top-Flight Airport Hotel by TripAdvisor®, the No. 1 hotel in the world on the 2011 Expedia® Insiders’ SelectTM List and No. 1 hotel in the U.S. in the 2011 TripAdvisor® Travelers’ Choice® Awards, is located at 18525 36th Avenue South in Seattle, Wash., less than one mile from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Its dining establishment, Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar, features quintessentially Northwest farm-to-table cuisine and was named a 2011 Top 10 New Restaurant in the U.S. by Gayot. Nestled on an 18 acre oasis of restored wetlands, Cedarbrook Lodge features the coveted combination of a convenient location, serene setting, exceptional guest services and more than 24,000 square feet of event space ideal for many occasions including social gatherings, weddings, business meetings and conferences. Cedarbrook Lodge is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free 877-515-2176. Contact Cedarbrook Lodge directly at 206-901-9268 or visit http://www.CedarbrookLodge.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.