Thank you for visiting our website. To demonstrate our commitment to respecting your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on our websites.
On our websites we collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to provide services and products, process reservations and other transactions you request, and provide customer service. We may also use the personal information we collect for other business purposes such as to better understand customer needs, enhance relationships, or make appropriate offers.
Categories of Information We Collect
When you make a reservation or purchase a vacation package we will request your name and address information along with other information to assist with your reservation and stay such as credit card number, date of arrival/departure, and room preferences.
Requests for Information:
When you request additional information related to our services or properties, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
Email Offers Sign-Up:
If you are interested in receiving special offers via email, we require that you provide your first name and email address. You may also provide additional information such as your city of residence, birthday, or interests, to help us tailor our special offers.
Planning Meetings and Events:
If you are interested in obtaining more information about meeting and event planning, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
Contacting Us by Email with Questions or Comments:
When you send us an email from one of our sites, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response, and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We may use this information, for example, to measure how effectively we address customer concerns online, to personalize your experience, and to continuously improve our service to you.
If you choose to apply for employment online, you will be required to provide your name, street address, telephone number, email address and any other information required on a standard employment application.
Collection of Information Through Web Technologies:
We may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, the type of computer and type of web browser you are using and use "cookies" to (i) customize content specific to your interests, (ii) ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and (iii) store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the sites. Some of the websites operated on our behalf are hosted and managed by other companies who may track and collect this information.
What are Cookies:
Your Choice to Accept or Deny Cookies:
You can choose whether to accept or deny cookies; your browser on your computer is often initially set to accept cookies. However, you can choose to deny cookies and continue browsing the sites. Keep in mind that your choice to accept or deny a cookie is different from your choice to accept/deny email messages.
Sharing Personal Information Collected on our Websites
We may share personal information among CHI affiliates and owners and operators of our managed hotels and facilities. From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor. When you use a credit card to purchase goods or services, we may share your information with the credit card company. Use of shared information is subject to third parties' policies.
We rely on service providers to help us deliver products and services, such as providing services in connection with our websites including reservations, airline and rental car packages, communicating news and delivering promotional materials via email and direct mail, processing credit card transactions, and administering sweepstakes and surveys.
During the course of our business, we may also share aggregated and share with third parties demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable.
In the event that CHI, merges with or is acquired by another legal entity, the personal information subject to this party may be transferred to that other legal entity as an asset.
CHI will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law, or is necessary or desirable to investigate or protect against harmful activities to guests, visitors, employees, or others, or to property (including this site).
We may require you to provide your age and date of birth in order to ensure compliance with U.S. government restrictions on web sites providing content to, and acquiring information from, children.
Third Party Websites
We do not control and shall not be responsible for the collection of personal information by third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by third party owner
Effective Date: December 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.cedarbrooklodge.com, owned and operated by Cedarbrook Lodge. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: www.cedarbrooklodge.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We might amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose what personal information (if any) you want to provide to us. If you decide not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to select the accommodations that fit them best.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Legal Purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and manage that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address stated below. Include "Request personal information" in the subject line of your email to speed things up.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Cedarbrook Lodge, 18525 36th Avenue South, SeaTac, WA 98188, United States of America. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, send an email to email@example.com.